Aberdeen Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)
     

The congregation of Aberdeen is directly descended from the Highland Congregation formed in 1785 by Gaelic-speaking Highlanders meeting in St Nicholas Kirk, Union St.

In 1795 the congregation moved to the Gaelic Chapel which they had built in Gaelic Lane. In 1843 they joined the Free Church and retained their building. In 1882 the Free Gaelic Church moved from Gaelic Lane to a redundant Congregational building in Dee Street and took the name St Columba Free Church.

In 1900 the majority of the congregation followed their minister into the United Free Church but in 1907 the Dee Street property was allocated to the minority. The reconstituted Free Church congregation continued to worship in Dee Street until 1977 when the opportunity arose to acquire the Bon Accord Church on Rosemount Viaduct which had been erected in 1897 by the then Bon Accord Free Church.

The minister in 2000 did not associate himself with the Reconstitution.

aberdeen@fccontinuing.org

Aberdeen Free Church (Continuing) website

Home

Sabbath Worship

Pittodrie Community Centre, Golf Road, Aberdeen - 11.00am and 6.30pm

Sabbath School 10.15am

Prayer Meetings

Tuesday 7.30pm

Communions

2nd Sabbath in May and 2nd Sabbath in November

Other Information

Evangelist/Church Planter & Interim-moderator

Clerk to Deacons Court

Rev David M Blunt MSc,
20 Abbotswell Crescent,
Kincorth,
Aberdeen, AB12 5AR.
Tel: 01224 895979
Email: davidblunt@fccontinuing.org

Session Clerk

Mr Maurice A Grant,
8 Nantwich Drive, Edinburgh,
EH7 6QS.
Tel: 0131 669 7347;
Email: mgrant@edin96.freeserve.co.uk

Congregational Treasurer

Sabbath School Superintendent

Mr Duncan MacDonald,
201 Jesmond Avenue,
Bridge of Don, Aberdeen, AB22 8UH.
Tel: 01224 821639;
Email: dmacd@clara.net