Edinburgh Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)

 

 

 

The congregation originates from the efforts to bring the Gospel to the Gaelic-speaking Highlanders in Edinburgh in the 18th century.

The congregation in the Gaelic Chapel came out with the Free Church at the Disruption and built a church in Cambridge Street.

In 1864 the name was changed to St Columba's. Only a tiny minority of that congregation remained out of the Union of 1900.

When the Free Church was allocated St John's church (built for the congregation of the Disruption minister, Dr Thomas Guthrie) in 1907 for their Assembly Hall, that building also became the home of the St Columba's congregation.

edinburgh@fccontinuing.org

www.fccontinuing.org/edinburgh


Home

Sabbath Worship

Sabbath - Glasite Meeting House, 33 Barony Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6NX;
11.00am and 6.30pm

Sabbath School 10.50am

Prayer Meetings

Wed 7.30pm - Glasite Meeting House, 33 Barony Street, Edinburgh, EH3 6NX;
Sat 7.00 - Broughton St Mary’s.

Communions

1st Sabbath in May and 1st Sabbath in November

Other Information

Congregational Fellowship/Youth Fellowship Sabbath 8.00pm.

Minister

Rev James Gracie
10. Esslemont Road
Edinburgh
EH16 5PX
Tel: 0131 6674730
Email:
jamesgracie@fccontinuing.org

Session Clerk

Mr Alex Morrison,
10 Ross Road, Edinburgh, EH16 5QN.
Tel: 0131 668 1958
Email:
AMorrison16@compuserve.com

Clerk to Deacons Court

Mr Maurice A Grant,
8 Nantwich Drive, Edinburgh,
EH7 6QS.
Tel: 0131 669 7347
Email:
mgrant@edin96.freeserve.co.uk

Congregational Treasurer

Mr Charles J Kay,
50 Newhaven,
Main Street, Edinburgh, EH6 4TD.
Tel: 0131 552 6399
Email:
charlesjkay@hotmail.com

Sabbath School Superintendent

Andrew Murray
andy@murray.uklinux.net