|Rothesay Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)|
the Declaratory Act was first brought to the General Assembly in May 1891
a number of opponents of the Act withdrew from various Free Church Congregations
on Bute and began meeting in a hall. They asked Rev A M Bannatyne, who
had demitted his charge in Aberdeen, to be their pastor. In 1905 the Free
Presbytery of Glasgow appointed a delegation to meet with this group and
take the necessary steps to regularise matters and establish the Free
Church of Rothesay continuing. On 17th January 1906 Rev Alex Stirling
was inducted. Services ceased in 1997.
Hall, 71 High Street, Rothesay.
local details contact: