Glenelg & Arnisdale Free Church of Scotland (Continuing)
     

Although a large number in the district came out with the Free Church in 1843, it was not until 1859 that the charge was sanctioned and in 1861 the first minister was settled. The first post-1900 Kirk Session met in 1910 when 19 Communicants were on the roll. In 1922 the Rev Alex MacLeod became the first ordained minister of the congregation since 1900. His translation to North Uist in 1926 left a long vacancy of 54 years until the induction of the next minister in 1980. It was disjoined from Glenshiel in 1944.

glenelg@fccontinuing.org

Home

Sabbath Worship

Church located at Arnisdale - 4.00pm

Prayer Meetings

Fortnightly at Arnisdale as intimated

Other Information

Minister

Interim Moderator

Session Clerk

Clerk to the Deacons Court

The Congregation is vacant at present

Rev Graeme Craig BSc,
Free Church Manse,
Ardelve, By Kyle, Ross-shire, IV40 8DY.
Tel: 01599 555372
Email: graemecraig@fccontinuing.org

Congregational Treasurer

Mrs Mary Matheson,
"Erisort",
Main Street,
Kyle, Ross-shire, IV40 8DB.
Tel: 01599 534381